The new moon in Gemini is an invitation to get curious about becoming more active in your community to spark needed change. Ruled by Mercury and a mutable air sign, Gemini is curious, communicative, and desires a connection to work towards a more equitable future. Combined with the new moon, this energy encourages openness to new ways of connecting with your community to inspire change.
This ritual offers you a format to ask important questions and explore how you might open yourself to cultivating connections to bring about positive change in your community. Big change requires collaboration, communication, and connection. If you feel nervous or unsure about where to start, this ritual will create a supportive container for curiosity.
If you enjoy this ritual, I invite you to share it with someone else who might benefit from it.
Themes for this new moon: Community, communication, connecting, reciprocity, curiosity
The ideal time to perform this ritual is the day before the new moon, on the new moon, or the day after the new moon.
- 10-20 minutes of quiet and uninterrupted time
- Pen and paper
- Optional: cleansing smoke of choice
- Optional: apatite, turquoise, fluorite, chrysocolla, or quartz
1. Create sacred space by grounding yourself and connecting with your breath and body. If casting a circle or calling in the quarters is in your practice, you could do this too.
2. Sit, close your eyes, and begin to connect with your breath and body. If you’re working with a suggested crystal, you can hold it or place it near you to help you tune in.
3. In this space, allow yourself to feel into the realm of your heart space and vision the world in which you’d like to live. Get specific. How does this world feel, how are historically marginalized people treated, how are plants and animals treated, and how do we care for one another in this world? Notice what surfaces and allow yourself to feel. Stay here for as long as you want to or are able.
4. After spending some time visualizing this version of the world, ask, “What is my role in my community to bring about this world?” or “How can I begin aligning myself with this new world within my community?” Breathe and allow your mind to take you where it wants to go. Be open to visualizations, messages, or feelings that may arise.
5. When you feel ready to come out of your meditation, pick up your pen and paper and write down any ideas that came to your mind.
6. Take a moment to think about any resistance or blocks you may have in taking these actions. If using cleansing smoke, use your cleansing smoke here. If you’re not, simply visualize. Imagine these blocks or resistance being blown away by a gust of wind with your smoke or through visualization.
7. Holding your paper in your hand and your crystal if using one, visualize yourself taking these actions in your community to help bring about the world you desire. Stay in this space for as long as you like. Place your paper on an altar or somewhere you’ll see it regularly (if using a crystal, place your crystal on top of the paper.) Allow it to stay there until the full moon.
8. Before the full moon, schedule time to be taking steps towards the actions you listed out to get involved in your community.
This new moon ritual can be adapted or used for any new moon or new moon in Gemini. As always, take what you like and leave the rest.
Cassie Uhl is the author of five books and two card decks, an artist, intuitive energy healer, and death doula. Her lineage and practices are rooted in pagan earth-based spiritual practices of Northern Europe. She approaches her work and clients with trauma-informed support through all phases of life. She currently resides on the land of the Myaamia people in so-called Indiana of the US.