New Moon in Pisces Ritual
The new moon in Pisces is an invitation to feel and honor your emotional world and be open to spiritual growth through love. As a mutable water sign, Pisces energy encourages you to celebrate your sensitivities. Coupled with the new moon, it promotes open and inquisitive exploration of your sensitive nature, even when it feels hard.
This new moon is a call to touch into your heart space where you can honor your spiritual journey through a lens of love and compassion. It can often feel difficult or unsafe to feel into our hearts in a world with so much complexity, but this new moon wants to offer you a container to do just that and asks you to breathe more love into your spiritual practice.
If you enjoy this ritual, I invite you to share it with someone else who might benefit from it as well.
Themes for this new moon: honoring emotions, allowing feelings, being open to spiritual growth through love,
The ideal time to perform this ritual is the day before the new moon, on the new moon, or the day after the new moon.
- 20-40 minutes of quiet and uninterrupted time
- Cup of water
- Optional: rose quartz
1. Create sacred space by grounding yourself and connecting with your breath and body. If casting a circle or calling in the quarters is in your practice, you could do this too.
2. Sit, close your eyes, and begin to connect with your breath and body. If you’re working with rose quartz crystal, you can hold it or place it near you to help you tune into your heart space.
3. In this space, allow yourself to feel into the realm of your heart space and your emotions. Notice what surfaces and allow yourself to feel. Stay here for as long as you want to or are able.
4. Notice how these emotions feel in your body, where they show up in the body any qualities they have.
5. When you feel ready, ask aloud or in your mind, “How can these emotions help me live from a place of love and inform my spiritual path?” Breathe and allow your mind to take you where it wants to go. Be open to visualizations, messages, or feelings that may arise.
6. When you feel ready to come out of your meditation, pick up your cup of water and hold it in your hands at your heart space. Visualize the love you feel going into the water.
7. Take a drink of the water and then pour some outside as an offering of love to the world and all its inhabitants.
8. Optional: Place your piece of rose quartz into the water if you used it, and then place your cup of water on an altar or sacred space as a reminder of your commitment to move from a place of love. Allow it to stay there until the full moon. The moon has a special relationship with water and will help magnify your intention.
This new moon ritual can be adapted or used for any new moon or new moon in Pisces. As always, take what you like and leave the rest.
Categorised in: Cassie Uhl, New moon, Rituals, Zodiac
Cassie Uhl is the author of five books and two card decks, an artist, intuitive energy healer, and death doula. Her lineage and practices are rooted in pagan earth-based spiritual practices of Northern Europe. She approaches her work and clients with trauma-informed support through all phases of life. She currently resides on the land of the Myaamia people in so-called Indiana of the US.