New Moon in Libra Ritual
The new moon in Libra offers you an invitation to be open to bringing more beauty and connection into your world.
New moons are always a time for being open to new ideas and ways of being in the world, our cosmic clean slate if you will. As a cardinal air sign, Libra energy is one of balance and initiation. The planetary rulership of this sign is Venus, bringing in the energy of love and beauty. Learn more about Libra energy here.
The energy of Libra within a new moon calls you to explore themes of beauty, reciprocity, and connection. Here are some questions to focus on for this new moon. What areas of your life are calling out for more beauty? How can you allow in more beauty? In what ways can you be in more sacred and aligned reciprocity with yourself, those around you, and the world at large?
Themes for this new moon: Justice, balance, beauty, love, connection, and reciprocity
New Moon in Libra Ritual for Sacred Connection
- 15-30 minutes of quiet and uninterrupted time
- Piece of rose quartz
- Optional: rose scent (incense, dried rose, etc.), guided meditation to connect with your guides (free for newsletter subscribers, click here to receive).
1. Ensure that you have 15-30 minutes of uninterrupted quiet time. Create a sacred space in a way that feels good to you, for example, burning incense or herbs mentioned above, calling in the four directions, or casting a circle. Root into the space by connecting with your breath and body. Notice your body and how it feels. Begin to breathe more intentionally, sending your breath deep into your low belly.
2. Bring an area of your life to your mind that you feel needs more love and beauty. Holding your rose quartz in your hands, close your eyes, and visualize that area of your life being filled with love and beauty. Continue to hold your rose quartz as you meditate.
3. Close your eyes and prepare to journey to meet one of your guides to help you bring more love and beauty into this area of your life. State aloud or in your mind, “I’m ready to receive guidance around __________ and be in sacred reciprocity with a guide, please, make yourself known to me.” Click here to be taken to a free guided meditation to connect with your guides.
4. As you meditate, focus on your breath and your body. If you can visualize a beautiful location in your mind, do this now, as this can create a space to commune with a guide.
5. Be open to guidance, suggestions, and wisdom from spirit. Trust what comes to you.
6. If a spirit guide presents itself to you and offers guidance, ask what you can do to reciprocate the information shared with you.
7. Close your meditation by thanking any guides who came through. Consider writing down anything that came through to help process and remember.
8. If your guide made a request for reciprocity, be sure to act on it. If they did not, consider creating an offering on your altar to show your gratitude for the connection and wisdom shared.
9. Leave your rose quartz out the night of the new moon to carry with you afterward as a reminder of how to bring more love and beauty into your life.
If you enjoyed this ritual, please consider sharing it with someone else who may enjoy it too. New moon blessings!
Categorised in: Free download, How-to, Moon phases, New moon, Rituals, Zodiac
Cassie Uhl is the author of five books and two card decks, an artist, intuitive energy healer, and death doula. Her lineage and practices are rooted in pagan earth-based spiritual practices of Northern Europe. She approaches her work and clients with trauma-informed support through all phases of life. She currently resides on the land of the Myaamia people in so-called Indiana of the US.