Full Moon in Libra Ritual
The full moon in Libra is an invitation to move into more harmony. A cardinal air sign associated with Venus, the planet of love and beauty, Libra inspires you to make space in your internal and external world to find a greater sense of peace and tranquility. By honoring the full moon in Libra, you can open yourself to guidance around what needs to go, stay, and be accepted in your life.
Listen to this post on my podcast here.
If you enjoy this ritual, I invite you to share it with someone else who might benefit from it as well.
Themes for this full moon: Harmony, balance, beauty, peace
The ideal time to perform this ritual is the day before, of, or the day after the full moon.
- 15-30 minutes of quiet and uninterrupted time
- Pen or pencil and paper
- Oracle or tarot card deck of choice
- rose quartz (or any other stone that corresponds to the heart)
- Optional: pink candle
1. Create sacred space by grounding yourself and connecting with your breath and body. If you’re using a pink candle, hold it in your hands for a couple of breaths while focusing on inviting in more harmony. If casting a circle or calling in the quarters is in your practice, you could do this too.
2. Sit, and begin connecting with your breath. Elongate your inhales and exhales and try to make them equal in length.
3. Close your eyes and go within. Visualize a soft pink light around your heart space. Imagine it growing with each inhale.
4. When you feel connected to your heart space, ask aloud or within your mind, “What does my heart need to be in better harmony?” or “What does my heart want to show me right now?”.
5. Stay in this space connecting with your heart for 5-20 minutes. When you feel ready to end this meditation, thank your heart space for anything it shared with you and open your eyes.
6. Pick up your tarot or oracle cards, and as you shuffle, focus on the information you received from your heart space. Intuitively select two cards. Card one represents something to bring into your life, and card two represents something to release or find acceptance around.
7. Consider displaying the cards you selected in the previous step somewhere you’ll see them regularly as reminders.
8. On your paper, write down any insights you received from your meditation or your card spread about feeling more harmonious.
9. Place your paper on a window sill or your altar with the piece of rose quartz on top for a day and night of the full moon. When complete, you can keep your paper somewhere you’ll see it often or turn it over to the earth by burying or recycling it.
This full moon ritual can be adapted or used for any full moon or any full moon in Libra. As always, take what you like and leave the rest. Love & gratitude, Cassie
Categorised in: Cassie Uhl, Full moon, Moon phases, Zodiac
Cassie Uhl is the author of five books and two card decks, an artist, intuitive energy healer, and death doula. Her lineage and practices are rooted in pagan earth-based spiritual practices of Northern Europe. She approaches her work and clients with trauma-informed support through all phases of life. She currently resides on the land of the Myaamia people in so-called Indiana of the US.