Full Moon in Aquarius Ritual
Our August full moon in Aquarius offers an opportunity to work magic for the good of the collective and all of Earth’s creatures. The sign of Aquarius calls you to explore humanitarian themes in new and radical ways, inviting each of us to create a more just and whole world. Learn more about the energy of Aquarius here.
If you enjoy this ritual, I invite you to share it with someone else who might benefit from it as well. Please, always properly credit when sharing. All artwork and text is original work by me, Cassie Uhl. All drawings are from my Understanding book series. Shop them here.
Themes for this full moon: The good of the collective, radical transformations, rebelliousness, digital expression, and honoring one’s truth.
The ideal times to perform this ritual: Saturday the 21st or Sunday the 22nd. You can work with the energy of the full moon anytime over a three-day period. However, the moon is in the sign of Aquarius on Saturday and Sunday.
- 15-30 minutes of quiet and uninterrupted time
- Pen, pencil, markers, or paint and paper
- Optional items: incense or herbs to burn and a piece of clear quartz.
1. Create a sacred space. Connect with your breath and body. Root into the moment.
2. Optional: light incense or burn herbs to connect with the element of air through the smoke. Any scent you feel called to use will do, but light and floral scents match this moon best.
3. Sit and begin connecting with your breath. Elongate each inhale and exhale and try to make them equal in length.
4. Ask yourself (aloud or in your mind), “What would the world look and feel like if all life forms and resources were respected and cared for equally?”
5. After visualizing this version of our world, ask yourself (aloud or in your mind), “What actions can I take to help bring this version of the world forward?”
6. Continue to focus on your breath for another 5-10 minutes and allow any messages, sensations, or guidance to come to you.
7. Optional: Pull a tarot or oracle card for guidance around this question. Asking again, “What actions can I take to help bring this version of the world forward?”
8. Take some time to write, draw, or paint any visualizations about this world vision and actions you’re committed to taking to help it come to fruition.
9. Place your drawing/writing on an altar or a window sill under the full moon. Optional: place a piece of clear quartz on top of it to amplify its intention.
10. Take some time to return to your body and physical space. Thank any guides or ancestors that came through to offer guidance.
Ritual follow-up: Carve out time to take action on the list you created. Moving into the waning moon phase, seek acceptance around outcomes and people you cannot control regarding your actions. Trust that with your action and energy, the wheels are in motion for progress.
This full moon ritual can be adapted or used for any full moon or any full moon in Aquarius. As always, take what you like and leave the rest.
Categorised in: Astrology, Cassie Uhl, Full moon, Moon phases, Rituals, Zodiac
Cassie Uhl is the author of five books and two card decks, an artist, intuitive energy healer, and death doula. Her lineage and practices are rooted in pagan earth-based spiritual practices of Northern Europe. She approaches her work and clients with trauma-informed support through all phases of life. She currently resides on the land of the Myaamia people in so-called Indiana of the US.